1. Bring a large stock pot filled with water to a rolling boil, salt liberally and cook the spaghetti about 1-2 minutes shy of the suggested cooking time on the box.
2. In a large sauté pan, warm the olive oil, remove the sausage meat from the casings and using a wooden spoon break up the meat and brown. Add the green onions. Cook for 2-3minutes then add the garlic and the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until you get some color on the zucchini. Add the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
3. Strain the spaghetti and add right into the sauté pan. Add ½ cup of cooking liquid and the cooking cream. Allow the sauce to come together and really absorb into the spaghetti, stirring often. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the parmigiano Reggiano, turn off the heat and serve!
5. Garnish with extra parmigiano Reggiano, chives and parsley