1/2 head of garlic, roasted
1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) olive oil
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 large potato, peeled and cubed
2 leeks, chopped
2 heads broccoli, florets chopped, and stalks trimmed, peeled and chopped
3 cups (720 milliliters) vegetable broth
1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cream
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Cut off top of head of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap in tin foil.
- Roast in oven 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add butter to a pot and heat.
- Add onion, potato, leek, and broccoli, and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add stock and cream. Bring to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Squeeze half of the head of roasted garlic into the pot, add spinach and cook 5 minutes more.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
- Pour into pitcher. Pour into one half of bowl. At the same time, pour spiced acorn squash soup into the other half of bowl.
- Top with pumpkin seeds.