Brown butter bass
Fresh caught bass, filleted, skin off
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
Cracked black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup milk
Farm fresh eggs
1/2 - 1 tablespoon butter
Sea salt, to taste
- Slice butter into pan and cook on medium heat slowly until milk solids turn golden brown.
- Transfer to mason jar to stop cooking. It’s simple but can burn easily.
- Dredge fish in seasoned flour and pan fry in oil until golden brown.
- Take pan off heat, pour in brown butter to warm and serve on top of fish.
- Garnish with pickles or olives.
- Pre-heat oven at 450.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add in cold cubed butter and mix in flour with fork. Add in milk and mix until combined.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inches thick and cut out round shapes with cookie cutter or upside down mason jar.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, mix and cook in butter until creamy.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.