- Make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go as this recipe comes together quite quickly.
- Boil your pasta in well salted water - a good rule of thumb here is to ensure the water tastes like the sea, about two tablespoons should do the trick. You want the pasta to be al dente, cooked but still a bit firm. Once the pasta is ready, reserve a cup of the cooking liquid, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Next, toast the breadcrumbs in a large skillet over medium high heat with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Once the breadcrumbs begin to take on a bit of colour, add half the minced garlic, all of the lemon zest, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and the breadcrumbs are nice and toasty. Remove the breadcrumb mixture to a bowl and return the pan to the heat.
- Now it’s time to make the sauce. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, anchovy fillets, chili flakes and remaining minced garlic. Stir well until the anchovies have dissolved - this should only take a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, lemon juice, parmesan and butter. Whisk the sauce until the butter has melted and sauce begins to thicken and turn glossy (if the sauce is a bit too thick for your liking, add a bit more pasta water). Toss in the cooked beans and pasta. Mix well until the pasta is nicely coated.
- To plate, scoop into pasta bowls, top with a generous amount of the breadcrumb mixture and garnish with some chopped parsley. Enjoy!
For directions on Cooking a Perfect Pot of Beans, click here.