Peanut Butter & Banana Stuffed French Toast:
- Heat oven to 200°F (93°C). Set a rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Stand bread up top crust-side up. Using a small paring knife, carefully make a five centimeter long and deep cut in the tops of each slice of bread to create a pocket.
- Using spoon or knife, spread two tablespoons of peanut butter into the pocket of each slice of bread. Stuff each pocket with banana slices and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in 33x23 centimeter baking dish. Add bread into the mixture and allow it to soak for two to three minutes per side.
- Melt one tablespoon (15 grams) butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add two slices of stuffed bread and cook until browned on both sides, about four to six minutes total, flipping halfway. Transfer to oven to keep warm and repeat with remaining slices.
- Serve warm topped with Banana Caramel Sauce.
Banana Caramel Sauce:
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon to skillet. Cook for two minutes.
- Add sliced bananas to skillet and continue to cook until softened and beginning to break down, about five to seven minutes.
- Season with salt and serve warm.