1. Remove the shell from around the body of the shrimps, leaving the head and tail on. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and toast until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan, reduce heat to medium and cook the shallot and garlic for 1 minute, until sizzling.
4. Add the shrimps and 2 ounces (60 ml) of the brandy, ignite the alcohol and flambé until the flames start to subside.
5. Add wine, reduce for 2 minutes.
6. Add tomato puree, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Finish with lemon juice and 1 ounce (30 ml) plum brandy.
1. Place a small circle of sauce in the center of a white plate.
2. Place two shrimps left to right on the plate, without overlapping, back to back.
3. Add a little sauce over the shrimp. Add breadcrumb and parsley and drizzle a ring of olive oil around the dish.
Watch CombiNation Plates Mondays at 9:30 pm ET on CTV Life Channel