These sandwiches use up leftover chicken, steak or pork. With those last few carrots, try a quick pickle for a flavourful crunchy bite. Leftover radishes, cucumbers, celery or onions make for a great pickle as well. Recycle your takeout containers by adding parchment paper and packing your Bahn Mi Sandwiches to go.
1. In a large measuring glass cup, mix together hot water, rice vinegar, salt and sugar until sugar has resolved.
2. Place carrots and chillies in a washed mason jar and pour in the pickling liquid.
3. Let cool to room temperature, seal with lid and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
4. To assemble sandwiches, slice buns lengthwise down the centre. On one side of the bun, spread mayo. On the other side of the bun, spread pate.
5. Place chicken in the centre and drizzle with soy sauce, about a tablespoon.
6. Top with pickled carrots, cumber slices, cilantro and Thai Chilies.
Watch The Marilyn Denis Show Daily at 10am ET on CTV