4 cups (960 milliliters) baby spinach
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter
2 shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add shallots and garlic and fry for two minutes.
- Add butter and heat for another minute.
- Add spinach and cook for three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once the spinach is wilted, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Serve with mahi mahi and old-fashioned sauce (see recipe).