1. The Social CTV “Favourite Things” contest (the “Contest”) starts at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Tuesday, September 7, 2022 and closes at 2:00 p.m. ET on Friday, September 9, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not Instagram. To enter the Contest, you will need to sign up for an Instagram account if you do not already have one. You may only use one (1) personal Instagram account (the “Account”) to participate in this Contest. Signing up for an Account is free. To sign up for an Account, visit www.instagram.com and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. ELIGIBILITY. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of Bell Media Inc., its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize supplier, prize sponsors, promotional and advertising agencies or of any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest, as well as the parents, siblings and children of any such employees and any person domiciled with such employees, are ineligible to enter. Winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the winner selection date for this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to participate in the prize) and persons domiciled with any such winner are not eligible to enter or to be selected for a prize and may be disqualified.
4. TO ENTER the Contest during the Contest Period, (i) log-in to your Account; (ii) visit The Social’s official Instagram page located at http://www.instagram.com/thesocialctv; (iii) become a follower of “@TheSocialCTV” on Instagram in order to receive Contest-related notification messages (note: you can un-follow at any time after the Contest ends without impacting your chances of winning in this Contest); (iv) “Like” the Contest post; (v) and “Comment” on the Contest post by tagging the Instagram handles of two (2) friends. If your Comment is submitted and received during the Contest Period, you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the Contest, subject to your compliance with these Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Limit of two (2) Entries per individual per Account. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any entrant has attempted to exceed the foregoing limit on Entries, all your Entries will be void. Entries received outside the Contest Period, and/or Entries that contain obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Contest Sponsor wishes to associate itself (all as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be ineligible. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing and for greater certainty, any Entry that does not comply with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will be ineligible for this Contest. All Entries and entrants must comply with the Instagram Terms of Service available at www.instagram.com. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time for any reason. In the event of a dispute, Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Account used to submit the Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an Account by www.instagram.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the authorized account holder of the Account used to submit the Entry. Creating multiple Accounts in order to exceed the limits on Entries permitted by these Rules may result in the disqualification of such Entries from such Accounts. If you opt to use Instagram via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest, including notifying you if you are the potential Prize winner (if applicable) which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Important Note: If your Instagram account is set to “protected mode”, your entry and/or responses may not be visible in Contest Sponsor’s inbox and may not thus be received by Contest Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Contest Sponsor to see your entry and/or responses.
5. PRIZE  [MC3] . There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of: one (1) year subscription to Calm app; a B Yoga mat traveller (2mm); one (1) year Crave subscription (promo code only valid for new activation and must be redeemed through WWW.CRAVE.CA/REDEEM until December 31, 2022; subscription will end automatically after twelve (12) months, no auto renewal); an Indigo Auria led light therapy mask; a Simon & Schuster “Come as you are” book and a workbook; a Majesty’s Pleasure signature manicure gift card; two (2) TIFF Festival screening passes (to be redeemed during 2022 TIFF at the winner’s choice, valid from September 13 to November 30, 2022, subject to availability); a Cheekbone Beauty sustain lip kit; a T&T Supermarket gift card and mooncake; Mumgry (pistachio chocolate almond butter); JetPeel facial/Hammam spa gift card; HommeFemme haddy jacket electric rainbow; Inkscrpt art acrylic portrait gift card; a Royal Botanical Gardens single plus annual membership (membership provides complimentary admission to Royal Botanical Gardens, including access to cultivated garden areas during regular operational hours, as well as any discovery activities, taking place during visit); a voucher for two (2) tickets to Mirvish Theater, Harry Potter and Cursed Child (to be booked at the winner’s choice); a Lesley Hampton duffle gym bag; Staples Canada gift card; a Jenny Bird rae chain (silver); a Knix gift card; Jaybird three (3) month online Jaybird classes via their digital platform and two (2) week unlimited intro pass to Jaybird Studio (Toronto or Vancouver, limit of one (1) class per day); Oscar Wylee gift card; and a Nordstrom gift card. The approximate retail value of the Prize is two thousand, three hundred and twenty-nine dollars ($2,329.00) CAD. Gift cards, vouchers, tickets and memberships are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuing company. The choice and location of the tickets are at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
6. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize winner acknowledges that upon awarding of the Prize, all obligations typically borne by the provider of services or goods become that provider’s responsibility.
7. DRAW. On Friday, September 9, 2022 at approximately 3:00 p.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that they may have won the Prize by using the direct message feature on Instagram for the user Account that submitted the potentially winning Entry within three (3) business days from the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the draw, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. It is each entrant’s responsibility to set their account settings to receive such notification messages and to timely check their Account for any such direct messages. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
8. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read, understood and complied with these Rules, grant all consents required, agree to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorize the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use such potential winner’s name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accept the Prize as offered and release the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the/a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than September 19, 2022. The number of actual Prizes awarded may be less than the number of available Prizes should efforts to confirm a/all winners be unsuccessful, in accordance with these Rules.
9. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
10. All Entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s) and related-time keeping systems of the Contest Sponsor. Broadcast delays may occur, including depending on the means used to listen to the radio (e.g. analog radio vs. online streaming). Contest Sponsor will not be held liable in any way for such delays. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Tuesday, September 7, 2022 and closes at 2:00 p.m. ET on Friday, September 9, 2022. Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill-testing question required. Approximate retail value of the prize is $2,329.00 CAD. Odds of winning the prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. Complete contest rules and entry available at https://more.ctv.ca/the-social/life/celebrating-season-10-with-the-socials-favourite-things.html.