1 sheet puff pastry
2 firm crisp apples (Gala, Crispin, Mustu), peeled and thinly sliced
3/4 cup, brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup, apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Roll out puff pastry to fit the sheet pan, and gently prick pastry with a fork before transferring to pan.
- In a bowl toss together apples, sugar, and lemon juice. Leaving a two centimeter border of pastry, arrange slices of apple on puff pastry in a pretty pattern of your choosing, ensuring to overlap the slices.
- Bake for 40 minutes. or until the pastry and apples have turned a beautiful golden brown. Transfer from pan to a cutting board and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Heat jam on stove/microwave until thinned out and shiny. Brush all over the apples.
- Slice into squares and serve with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream.