- Start this recipe three days ahead, having soaked the salt cod in fresh water and changing the water every day.
- In a pan, heat two cups (480 milliliters) of olive oil to a gentle simmer and lightly poach cod for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove cod from heat to cool. Once the cod is cool, remove the skin and bones by hand and flake the cod apart using fingers. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat one cup (240 milliliters) of olive oil, add potatoes and fry over medium-high heat. Once golden, remove the potatoes from the oil and set them aside on a dry paper towel to drain.
- In a sauté pan, heat three tablespoons (45 milliliters) of olive oil, add onions and garlic. Sweat the onions and garlic over medium-high heat until golden, add the salt cod. Cook until the mixture soaks up the oil, around two to three minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes and stir whilst adding the lightly beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes, turning off the heat before the eggs solidify.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley and black olives.
This recipe is used with permission and is owned by Lena restaurant.