- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices peameal bacon, chopped into small slivers
- 908 grams ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 113 grams pepper Jack cheese, cut into 30 gram cubes
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- Pickle slices
- 5 centimeter diameter sized bottle
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
- Add peameal bacon, sauté.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms to pan and sauté until soft.
- Remove to a plate and let cool.
- In a bowl combine ground chuck, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix well to make the hamburger mixture.
- Form into four balls.
- Take the bottle, wrap it in plastic wrap, and press into the center of each ball to create a large indentation.
- Stuff the burgers with the cooled stuffing.
- Wrap two pieces of bacon around the outside of each burger, with the second slice of bacon covering the seam of the first slice of bacon.
- Top each burger patty with a cube of pepper jack cheese.
- Heat half of the grill to high or 400 F (205 C).
- Place the burger patties on the direct heated side of the barbeque, grill for five minutes to char the bacon.
- Move the burger patties to the unlit side of the grill in a cast iron pan for ten minutes or until an internal temperature of 160 F (71C). with the lid closed.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, red onion slices, pickle slices, ketchup, and mustard.
- Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbeque.