15 grams (3 tablespoons) fresh carrageen (or 2 teaspoons dried)
1 litre/4.5 cups milk
2 egg yolks
3.5 tablespoons honey, plus extra to serve
Bee pollen, to serve (optional)
- Wash the carrageen if using fresh or rehydrate if using dried, following the package directions.
- Heat the milk with the carrageen in a medium pan over a medium low heat.
- Beat the egg yolks and honey together in a small bowl, then pour the egg mixture into the milk and stir for about ten minutes until it thickens.
- Pour into moulds or bowls and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- To serve, drizzle with a little extra honey and sprinkle over some bee pollen, if using.