160 grams sugar
135 grams lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
265 grams heavy cream
180 grams butter
1 teaspoon salt
135 grams icing sugar
45 grams ground almonds
350 grams all-purpose flour, divided
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and with an immersion blender, mix the filling together, until fully incorporated.
- Strain the mixture to remove the lemon zest and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- To prepare the tart shell, cream the butter, salt, icing sugar and 90 grams of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl with a paddle, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs into the mixture and fully incorporate.
- Then , add the remaining flour in and mix just until the flour is combined.
- Take out of the bowl and form the dough into a square, pushing it down to about an inch thick.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow the relax in the fridge for one hour.
- To assemble, take your dough out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Flour the dough on your work surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thick. Cut out an 8-inch circle. The circle will be larger then your actual ring you’ll be baking in because you want to be able to line the tart shell.
- Take a 6-inch tart ring, grease the sides, line the shell with the tart dough, and remove any excess dough from the top of the ring. You are going to parbake the shell with baking beans or rice.
- Cover the bottom of the shell with foil or heat proof plastic wrap and fill with the baking beans or rice.
- Parbake for 10 minutes at 350°F, remove the baking beans or rice, then bake a second time until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and turn the temperature of the oven down to 210°F.
- Fill the tart shell with the lemon filling to the top of the rim, making sure you do not spill over the sides.
- Place back in the oven and bake for approx 40 minutes or until the filling is set in the middle.
- Once baked, remove from the oven, keeping the ring on and allowing the tart to fully cool. You can freeze the tart for up to two months in the freezer.
- To decorate, use fresh fruit and drizzle with white chocolate.