1. In a food processor, combine the sliced lemongrass, onion, garlic, ginger, chili, scallions, honey, fish sauce, and dark and light soy sauce. Purée to a smooth paste.
2. Rub the paste into the pork, cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
4. Trim the 2 extra lemongrass stalks, cutting off tender parts and sharpening the ends. Thread the marinated pork onto the stalks.
5. Brush the skewers with oil and place onto the grill. Cook them 2-3 minutes per each of the 4 sides, flipping often, until fully cooked.
6. Remove from grill and let rest, loosely covered, for 5-8 minutes.
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the sugar, salt, and vinegar slightly, just to dissolve. Cool the mixture, then combine with the carrots and daikon. Let rest.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Maggi sauce and stir until uniform in colour and texture.
1. Spread a bit of the Maggi-mayo mixture onto both sides of a sliced baguette.
2. Add a portion of the grilled pork (off the skewer), top with the carrot-daikon mixture, and garnish with cilantro, chives, and red chilies.
Watch CombiNation Plates Mondays at 9:30 pm ET on CTV Life Channel