2 white onions, thinly sliced
1 cup chickpea flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup, water
Vegetable oil, for frying
- Combine sliced onions, chickpea flour, baking soda, green chillies, coriander, and saltlt in a bowl. Stir to coat.
- Add water slowly and stir until onion mixture holds together, and is paste-like in texture.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on medium high until approximately 375 degrees.
- Drop spoonfuls of onion batter into oil gently. Fry, flipping occasionally until all sides are golden brown and crunchy, approximately three to four minutes.
- Drain on a wire rack and allow to slightly cool.
- Enjoy alongside green chutney for dipping.