2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
350g green cabbage, roughly chopped
1 cooking onion, sliced
5 slices bacon, diced
1 bag (454g) frozen perogies
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Garnish: Sour cream and sliced green onions or chives
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Spray an 11x17 sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Add one tablespoon canola oil along with the cabbage, sliced onions and bacon to a bowl and toss. Pour on to a 11x17 baking sheet.
- Add the frozen perogies to the bowl and toss with remaining 1 tbsp of canola oil. Tip the perogies onto the baking sheet.
- Nestle the perogies down into the cabbage mixture so the bottom of each perogie is touching the sheet pan. This will optimize browning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Stir and flip the perogies half way through.
- Garnish with green onions and sour cream.