1. In a bowl, place the teriyaki sauce, sesame seed oil, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar
- Mix thoroughly and divide in half.
2. Next, take the trimmed chicken strips and dice into walnut size piece.
3. Place the pieces of chicken onto the skewer then into a small dish and cover with half the teriyaki marinade mixture.
4. Allow the chicken to marinade whilst preparing the rest of dinner.
1. In a suitable size pot, place the water, add the rice and salt, bring to a gentle boil, turn down heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10 – 12 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and let rest with a lid on for 10mins before serving.
Note: You will need approximately 1 1/2 cups of your choice of vegetables, cleaned, pealed and cut into even sized stir fry pieces. If you use broccoli, carrots or any other firm vegetables, I recommend a quick blanch in boiling water for 30 secs before stir-frying. This gives/allows for a perfect cook on these delicious veggies.
1. In a good size pan, over medium high heat add a splash of vegetable oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, drain the chicken skewers from the marinade and pan fry, turning the skewers on each side every 2 minutes to ensure even cooking.
3. Once the skewers are cooked, add a splash of additional oil and toss in 1 1/2 cups of veggies and sauté for 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Add the unused half of the teriyaki marinade and continue to cook for another 1 1/2 minutes.
5. To thicken the sauce a little, add a splash of the cornstarch and water mixture to slightly thicken and remove from heat, to the slightly thicken the teriyaki
6. Next, place the rice on a plate or serving platter and spoon over the stir-fried veggies, and then place the skewers on top of the veggies.
You can garnish with coriander, mint, cashew nuts, or sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy!