1 large summer squash
1 large bunch green beans, trimmed
1 cob of sweet corn, shucked and cleaned
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely grated with a microplane grater
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a pot of water on stove to boil. This will be added to vegetables is step 3.
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob using a serrated knife or a small paring knife place kernels in a small bowl.
- Place green beans in a large mixing bowl. Cover the green beans with boiling water and set aside for four minutes.
- Cover corn kernels with boiling water and set aside for one minute.
- Once vegetables have deepened in color and softened just slightly, pass them through a strainer and rinse with lots of cold water.
- Using a vegetable peeler, thinly shave the summer squash into ribbons. Working your way around the squash until you hit the seeds in the middle.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until light brown and fragrant.
- Place olive oil, lemon juice, chopped basil, and grated garlic into a small jar and shake until emulsified. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place summer squash, blanched green beans, and corn into a large salad bowl. Pour over half the dressing and mix gently with your fingertips to combine. Garnish with roasted pine nuts
- Serve immediately or let marinate in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Serve with remaining dressing