1. In a cast-iron or nonstick pan over medium heat, sauté the shallot in oil or vegan butter for about 1 minute, until soft.
2. Using your hands, crumble the tofu into small chunks, like scram- bled eggs, directly into the pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Then stir in the nutritional yeast, turmeric, paprika,
3. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and black pepper.
4. If you’re bulking up your scram with veggies, add them in just after you mix in the seasonings. Continue frying for 3 to 4 more minutes. If you used a water-packed tofu, it’s usually perfect at this point. If the mixture is too dry for your liking, add a little bit of nondairy milk, up to 1⁄4 cup, until the desired consistency is achieved. If you add the nondairy milk, you’ll likely need to cook the scramble for another 2 minutes or so.
5. Stir in the chives during the last 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the kala namak. Add up to another 1⁄2 teaspoon of sea salt to your taste if necessary. Using kala namak often makes it salty enough, but if you don’t use it, you will likely need to add more salt to taste.
6. Store in the fridge and consume within 3 days.