4 store bought corn tortillas
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Heat frying oil to 350F.
- In a large ladle, place a single tortilla.
- Press down on tortilla using a smaller ladle to form the shape of a bowl.
- Using both hands, bring tortilla into oil and hold there for two mins.
- Using the smaller ladle, detach the tortilla from the big ladle so that it floats in the oil.
- Keep cooking for another two minutes, while ladling oil over the top of the tortilla.
- Remove the tortilla from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Season with salt.
- Start over with the next three tortillas.
- Serve with tequila lime shrimp ceviche (see recipe).