4 large russet potatoes
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) melted butter
Salt, to taste
4 fillets of trout (150 grams each), skin-on
3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) canola oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Peel potatoes and thinly slice using a mandolin or a chef’s knife.
- Keep the potatoes in a bowl with cold water to stop from oxidizing and to remove starch.
- When ready, pat potatoes dry.
- Line a baking tray (or two) with parchment paper and brush the paper with melted butter.
- Place slices of potatoes on the buttered parchment paper, slightly overlapping each other.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter and season with salt.
- Place a second sheet of parchment paper and cover with a second baking tray.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of all potato slices a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and remove top baking tray and top sheet of parchment paper.
- Reserve potatoes for plating.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season trout fillets.
- Place fillets in hot oil flesh side down and cook for three to four minutes.
- Flip and cook skin side down for another three to four minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for two to three minutes.
- Serve overtop a portion of the baked slices of potatoes.
- Serve with asparagus slaw (see recipe).