10 slices thin-cut fatty bacon
10 slices beef carpaccio (thinly shaved raw beef)
1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) kosher salt
1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) black pepper
1/4 cup (60 milliliters) grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (125 milliliters) finely chopped kimchi
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed and finely chopped
1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Sriracha aioli
- Cut the slices of bacon two-thirds of the way down and make a T-shape with each slice.
- Place a slice of beef carpaccio where the two pieces of bacon cross, and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Top the beef carpaccio with a little bit of grated cheese, chopped kimchi, and finely chopped cilantro.
- Fold the two shorter ends of the bacon over the stuffing and then roll the longer part of bacon until you have a ball of bacon wrapped around the kimchi, cheese and beef.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare the Sriracha aioli.
- In a pan, grill the bacon balls over high heat for four to five minutes per side
- Transfer the grilled bacon balls to a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for approximately 12 minutes or until the heat penetrates all the layers of the tailgater (you’ll have to taste one to be sure) and the cheese oozes out of each ball with ease.
- Stick each ball on its own skewer and serve with some Sriracha aioli.