2 tablespoons Butter
3 medium Onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup, Brown Sugar
1/2 cup, Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Store bought Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a frying pan on medium heat add butter and melt. Add Onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions have softened considerably and have turned a golden colour, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add Sugar, and Balsamic Vinegar, and continue to cook until all moisture has evaporated from the pan, and a thick glossy jam has formed .
- Invert a cookie sheet and lightly grease with Olive Oil. Roll out pizza dough as thinly as possible into a rectangle that fits the cookie sheet. Spread Caramelized Onion Jam over the surface, leaving a border for the crust. Top with Gorgonzola and Walnuts.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit at room temperature for five minutes. Cut into squares and serve.