6 quarts (5.7 litres) cold chicken stock
1 carrot, peeled, fine chopped
1 celery rib, fine chopped
1 onion, fine chopped
1.4 kilograms chicken, ground
12 egg whites
2 tablespoons salt
Red pepper, fine dice
Yellow pepper, fine dice
- In a stock pot place the chicken stock.
- In a large bowl place carrot, celery, onion, ground chicken, egg whites, tomatoes, and salt, mix to combine, to create a raft.
- Pour the raft into the chicken stock and stir.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, frequently stirring.
- Once the ingredients in the stock starts to turn color turn the temperature down to a slow simmer, stop stirring to let the raft begin to rise to the top of the broth.
- Cook for two hours creating a hole in the raft with a ladle as it forms on the top of the consommé.
- With a ladle remove the broth from the pot through the hole that was formed in the raft.
- Pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer and cheese cloth into a container.
- Place red and yellow peppers in a soup bowl and top with hot consommé.