- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and heat the oven to 400F.
- Using a comal or a frying pan, heat a few tortillas at a time (it makes it easier to roll them and they’ll be less likely to break).
- Spread two to three tablespoons of chicken and a sprinkle with cheese along the middle of each tortilla. Roll it tightly around the filling and secure it with two toothpicks along the seam.
- Heat frying pan over medium/high heat and using oil mister or 100% pure avocado oil, spray your frying pan to coat evenly.
- Using tongs, hold each flauta in hot oil until firm (about one minute) and then turn on all sides until golden brown
- Remove from heat and place on baking sheet. Cook at 400F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with your garnishes of choice (my favourite are shredded lettuce, sour cream or unflavored Greek yogurt, feta cheese and pico de gallo).
NOTE: Alternatively, if you have an airfryer: preheat the air fryer to 400F. Follow steps two to three above. Once your air fryer is ready, turn your air fryer on to preheat at set the timer for six minutes. Spray with oil spray (my favourite is 100% pure avocado oil) or your oil of choice using an oil mister. Place the flautas with the toothpicks facing up into the basket in a single row, without touching each other, and air fry for 5 -15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.