3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
4 cups mini marshmallows or/1 package (10 oz.) marshmallows
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
5-6 cups dry cereal, popcorn, puffed grains such as quinoa or dry chow mein noodles or/ mix and match
Substitutions: nuts, seeds, chopped dried fruit, candies, chopped chocolate, chopped graham wafers, oats, granola or coconut for 1-2 cups of cereal.
- Grease muffin tins or small bowls/ramekins with melted butter or cooking spray.
- In a large pot over low heat melt butter. Stir in marshmallows, coating in butter until melted. Add vanilla and stir to mix. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and any other remaining ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or spoon evenly press mixture into muffin tins or bowls to create nests or small baskets. Cool and the fill with Easter treats!
- Storage: Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container, freezer friendly for up to six weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.