1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
450 grams cooked chicken, shredded
450 grams chorizo sausage, diced
2 cups (480 milliliters) cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup (240 milliliters) lettuce, shredded
1 cup (240 milliliters) tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) jalapenos, seeded and chopped
Salsa, for serving
Guacamole, for serving
Sour cream, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C).
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chorizo, and cook for five to six minutes or until slightly crispy.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, place a layer of crispy tortilla chips.
- Top with chicken, then chorizo, and then cheese.
- Add a second layer of tortilla chips and toppings.
- Cover the top with a generous amount of cheese.
- Place nachos in the oven and bake for six to eight minutes or until cheese is nicely melted on all layers.
- Remove from the oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Serve hot with salsa, guacamole and sour cream on the side.