1. In a large wok or pot on medium heat add oil and bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Saute for 15 seconds, or until the cloves have puffed up.
2. Then add in onions and saute until softened, followed by the ginger and green chillies. Saute for an additional 15 seconds or until fragrant.
3. Add the tomatoes and season with salt to taste. Cook the tomatoes for 15 minutes until they have reduced down, caramelized, and begin to dance across the pan.
4. Add garam masala, kashmiri chilli, turmeric and ground coriander, and saute for 15 seconds.
5. Then mix in chicken, ensuring to completely coat in tomato base. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes until chicken has completely cooked through.
6. Reduce heat to low, and stir in coconut milk. Allow to come to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Off the heat stir in lime zest and juice, julienned ginger, and chopped coriander. Enjoy! ☺