1. In a small pot combine coconut milk, sugar, and turmeric powder. Heat on low until sugar is dissolved. Make sure it is warm to touch. Do not boil.
2. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine eggs and vanilla. Mix on low speed until combined. Do not create air bubbles.
3. In another mixer or mixing bowl combine tapioca starch, salt and baking powder. Mix at low speed.
4. On low speed, gradually add room temperature coconut milk mixture into egg mixture until combined.
5. On low speed gradually add the dry ingredients. Continue mixing on low speed until clumps disappear – it may take 10 minutes, if not longer. Push batter through a sieve if needed, but don’t worry if there are a few tiny clumps.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F.
7. Oil the pan including edges and preheat in oven for 10 minutes. Do not use parchment paper or aluminum foil to line the pan.
8. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool upside down in the pan on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. The cake should not fall out of pan. If it does, cool cake alone upside down on cooling rack. If you have no cooling rack use two heat resistant cups/bowls to prop up the pan on both sides.
10. To remove cake from pan, run a knife along the edges and use a flat spatula to lift the bottom from the pan.
11. Warm the honey and serve alongside cake for dipping.
Watch The Marilyn Denis Show Daily at 10am ET on CTV