- Preheat grill to medium heat, 350-375F (175-205C). Brush grill with oil.
- Mix together honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and black ground pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush banana with oil and place on grill cut side down. Grill for three minutes.
- Turn and brush cut side with the honey mixture. Grill with skin side down a further five minutes.
- Take off the grill and let cool.
- To a saucepan, add oil and sauté onions.
- Add tomato puree, vegetable stock and stir to incorporate.
- Add apple cider vinegar, Barbecue-Roasted Garlic, ginger, cumin, cayenne, salt and stir.
- OPTIONAL: Stir in rum.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Serve on spicy barbecued sausages.
Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbecue.