- 4 zucchinis
- Olive oil to grill
- Salt to season
- 1-1/2 cups (350 milliliters) orzo
- Salt to season the water
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 milliliters) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cob corn, charred
- 1/3 cup (80 milliliters) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 milliliters) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) fresh basil, chiffonade
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add orzo and cook to desired doneness, then drain.
- Transfer orzo to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, honey, salt, and pepper to season.
- Preheat the barbeque to medium-high heat of 375 F (190 C).
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise, then spoon out the seeds of each half.
- Brush the zucchini boats with olive oil and salt to season.
- Place the zucchinis on the grill.
- Grill for three minutes cut side down, until char marks appear.
- Flip the zucchini boats and grill for three minutes more or until the zucchini boats are slightly softened.
- Remove from grill and place the cooked zucchini boats on a serving platter.
- Cut the charred kernels off the cob of corn.
- To the cooked orzo pasta add salad dressing, charred corn nibs, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and fresh basil, stir
- Fill the interior of the zucchini boats with the orzo salad mixture and serve.
- Note: Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size and type of your barbeque