12 large jalapenos, destemmed and seeded
3/4 cup (180 milliliters) cream cheese
3/4 cup (180 milliliters) old cheddar, grated
12 slices bacon
1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) garlic powder
1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) onion salt
1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheeses, cheddar, garlic powder, onion salt, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Mix until filling is uniform and smooth.
- Using a piping bag, fill the inside of each jalapeno with the seasoned cream cheese.
- To wrap the jalapeños in bacon, fold bacon over the open top of the jalapeno, then wrap around the sides.
- If the bacon doesn’t stay in place, secure it by running a toothpick thru it and the jalapeno.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle poppers with olive oil, and place them on the grill.
- Cook each side for two to three minutes, for a total of eight to twelve minutes.
- Once bacon is fully cooked and jalapeno is soft, remove from grill and serve immediately.