1. Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
2. Heat a little of the butter in a large shallow casserole or oven proof dish, brown the lamb and put aside.
3. Lightly fry the chopped onions and the peeled and sliced carrots in the pan that you browned the lamb in – add a little more of the butter.
4. Add the lamb back in with the onions and carrots then sprinkle over with the 25g of flour.
5. Add the stock, bay leaves, 2 pinches of salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
6. Turn off the heat.
7. Slice the potatoes and lay on top of lamb, dab some butter over the top.
8. Cover, then place in the oven for about 1 - 1½ hrs.
9. Remove the lid, brush the potatoes with a little more butter, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes
10. Serve and enjoy!
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying plan. Then add the onion and fry until tranclucent and soft – add the spices and stir
2. Add the cabbage. Fry and stir for 3-4 minutes, the cabbage will turn glossy
3. Add the sugar and stir then add the apples and red wine vinegar.
4. Cover with a lid and let it cook gently for 30 minutes.
Watch The Marilyn Denis Show Daily at 10am ET on CTV