- For the seared chili syrup, in a cast iron, lightly sear chilis.
- Fill a sterilized jar halfway with sugar and seared chilis.
- Pour in boiling water and stir until sugar crystals dissolve.
- Allow syrup to cool and remove seared chilis. Keep refrigerated after first use.
- To make the cocktail, rim the coupe with himalayan sea salt.
- Fill the shaker with ice and pour two ounces of tequila blanco, one ounce of orange liqueur, 1/2 ounce of seared chili syrup, and one ounce of lime juice.
- Shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain cocktail into coupe and garnish with chili.
Recipes c/o Dave Osorio, The Minister Group