2 cups white/silver tequila
1 cup Triple Sec
3/4 cup simple syrup*
3/4 cup fresh squeezed limed juice (about 10-12 limes)
1/4 cup Kosher salt
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 limes, cut into wedges
- Wash limes and zest enough to make a tablespoon. Juice the limes (this is tedious, but necessary. Don’t skimp and use the fake stuff.)
- Mix lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec, simple syrup in a large pitcher.
- Fill a large shaker with ice (or two smaller ones) and pour margaritas into shaker(s).
- Shake vigorously, and strain margarita back into pitcher. Do not add ice.
- Mix salt with lime zest.
- Rim rocks glasses with a fresh cut lime, and dip into salt mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in margarita.
- Find a hammock, grab your pitcher and relax.
- Combine equal parts sugar and water in a pot.
- Bring to a simmer and heat until sugar dissolves.