45 milliliters of Mezcal
22 to 30 milliliters of Triple Sec or Cointreau
22 milliliters of freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of Stevia Simple syrup
Salt for rimming the glass
Lime wedge for garnish
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of stevia (also works well with Stevia & Monk fruit mixes)
Simple stevia syrup:
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add stevia and let it simmer at low heat until stevia has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool at room temperature & refrigerate.
- Combine mescal, triple sec, lime juice and stevia simple syrup in a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake to combine.
- Strain into a salt-rimmed glass with ice.