3-1/2 cups (830 milliliters) vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
3/4 teaspoon (8 grams) kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) freshly ground black pepper
1 cup (120 grams) cornmeal
1/2 cup (125 grams) grated parmesan
2 tablespoons (10 grams) finely chopped parsley
Olive oil, for pan frying
- Spray a 23 centimeter square pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until thickened, about eight to ten minutes.
- Remove polenta from heat and whisk in parmesan and parsley.
- Pour polenta into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Refrigerate two to three hours until firm enough to cut. Slice polenta into four equal squares then cut each square into two triangles.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Fry the polenta triangles until golden brown and crisp, about four minutes, flipping halfway.