1 cup (240 milliliters) chickpea flour, sifted
3 egg yolks, beaten
3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) chai tea
3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) milk
Salt, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, egg yolks, milk and chai tea.
- Mix until you reach a firm, uniform dough.
- Roll out the dough over a lightly floured surface until it is approximately six millimeters thick.
- Cut the dough in strips that are approximately two and half centimeters wide.
- Heat frying oil to 375F (190C).
- Deep-fry the chick pea bread strips for three to four minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with chai tea mussels (see recipe).