1. In pot of boiling salted water, boil sweet potato until tender. Drain.
2. Combine garlic, drained cashews, and almond milk in a small saucepan and bring to a high simmer (just under boiling).
3. Add cashew mixture along with sweet potatoes to blender and pulse.
4. Add nutritional yeast and pulse until smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust consistency with almond milk as needed for desired use.
On noodles for a creamy macaroni and cheese
On broccoli or cauliflower for a kid-friendly side dish
Over a baked potato
Stir in taco seasoning, top with salsa or black beans and serve as a dip with tortilla chips.