2 1/2 cups of water
A cardamom pod for each cup, and a few extra for the pot
2 sticks of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of your favourite green tea (unflavoured)
A couple of strands of saffron
2-3 almonds chopped finely (optional)
2 teaspoons of sugar (optional)
- Boil a pot of water.
- Crush the cardamom and cinnamon to let the flavours activate and toss
- Once at a rolling boil, simmer the tea for ten minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Add the green tea and simmer for five more minutes and remove pot from stovetop.
- Add almond slivers and sugar into the cup, and pour the tea over top of it.
- Breathe in the aroma as you sip!