2.3 kilograms boneless veal roast, tied at 2.5 centimeter intervals with butcher twine
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F (230 C).
- Set veal in a roasting pan and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Rub roast with Dijon. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 325 F (160 C) and continue to cook for another 60 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the roast is 140 F (60 C).
- Remove from the oven, then transfer the roast to a cutting board, tent with tinfoil, and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with Mustard Fruit (see recipe).