- Start by whisking the blue spirulina with water and set aside.
- In a medium pan on low heat, add the coconut milk, blue spirulina mixture, erythritol and stir to mix.
- Add the almond meal, finely desiccated coconut and crushed cardamom seeds. Mix thoroughly and when the coconut barfi begins to come together, turn off the heat.
- Oil a 6X4 inch dish with coconut oil using a brush.
- Transfer the coconut barfi mixture into the dish and press it down using the back of a dessert spoon. Try to work swiftly as the barfi starts to set and harden. Top with a little desiccated coconut and sliced almonds (optional). Slice into six large pieces or eight small slices and serve immediately.
- Store any leftover coconut barfi in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. It will harden with time.
Find Shahzadi's original recipe here.