3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) canola oil
4 cups (1 liter) washed and dried curly kale, ripped into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) ground cumin
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) salt
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add kale to the skillet and cook for 45 seconds to one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cumin and salt and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add butter and cook for 20 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Remove kale from the heat and place on a paper towel to drain excess liquid.
- Serve with date and bacon-wrapped swordfish (see recipe).