- In a saucepan over high heat, heat the oil, then add the eggplant, red bell peppers, and onions. Sauté for five minutes.
- Add the curry paste. Stir to combine, then keep cooking for two minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then add the maple syrup and kaffir lime leaves.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning, if needed, and serve over steamed rice.
Excerpted from The Buddhist Chef by Jean-Philippe Cyr. Copyright © 2019 Jean-Philippe Cyr. Photography by Samuel Joubert. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.