1 large can of jumbo escargots, rinsed
1 small bunch of green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) red wine
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) beef stock
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) feta, crumbled
1/2 cup (120 milliliters) gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) fresh parsley, chopped
1 fresh baguette, sliced and lightly toasted
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup (60 milliliters) olive oil
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and minced garlic, and cook for one minute.
- Deglaze pan with red wine and cook for two minutes.
- Add beef stock and reduce to desired thickness.
- Add escargot and simmer for one minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Cover with gruyere cheese, and then feta.
- Broil on high until cheese starts to melt and turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lightly toasted sliced baguette.
- Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle bread with garlic infused oil.
- For garlic infused oil, bring crushed garlic cloves and olive oil to medium-high heat in small sauce pan and simmer for three to four minutes until garlic is slightly brown. Remove the garlic, and keep the oil.