1. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Evenly mix dry ingredients with a spoon then slowly add in water and mix until the dough comes together (it should clean the bowl, it's okay if its a little dry).
3. Cover and set in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan or deep fryer to 340 F.
5. Divide the dough into 10-12 pieces and gently knead each piece into a ball.
6. Pinch the sides before slowly dropping them into the hot oil.
7. Fry for 5-6 minutes (they should be golden brown) Place them on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil and serve them hot !