12 medium to deep cupped oysters, rinsed and scrubbed (like caraquets)
1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) red miso paste
2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Mirin
1 cup (250 milliliters) Japanese mayonnaise
1 teaspoon (15 milliliters) chilli garlic sauce (sambal oelek)
1 lemon, juice only
- Pre-heat the oven for a low broil.
- Shuck oysters and lay on a rock salt-covered baking sheet. Keep as much of the liquor in the oyster shell as possible.
- Mix red miso paste and mirin in a medium bowl. Add Japanese mayonnaise and whisk thoroughly. Spoon in chilli garlic sauce and squeeze in lemon juice. Stir all together.
- Spoon about two tablespoons (30 milliliters) of mixture over each oyster. Place baking sheet in low broil for approximately five to ten minutes until it is golden brown and bubbling on top.
- Combine panko, chopped parsley, pepper, and oil in a bowl for an optional garnish. Spread over a plate and lay oysters on top.