- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, and ground beef and cook until browned. Add teaspoon (2.5 milliliteres) oregano, 1/4 teaspoon (one milliliter) rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon (one milliliter) thyme, salt and pepper and mix in. Pour in one cup (240 milliliters) of passata and diced tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cottage cheese with remaining rosemary, oregano and thyme. Set aside.
- Top beef mixture in skillet with broken noodles. Pour over the remaining passata. Pour in water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, top with dollops of cottage cheese mixture and cover with shredded mozzarella. Broil in the oven two to five minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from oven and top with basil.
Your skillet will appreciate you watching the video below on how to care for your equipment.