1 can canned navy beans
2 liter water
2 large onions, diced
2 large carrots
2 bay leaf
For the green sauce:
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
3 cups spinach
3 teaspoons salt, to taste
To simmer the beans
- For the beans, rinse them after you take them out of the can with some cold water. Place in a pot with the water, onion, carrot, and bay leaf.
- Dice all the vegetables fairly large, for easy removal.
- Simmer the beans for approximately 20 minutes, until tender, drain the liquid and safe.
For the sauce
- Slice onions, garlic, and poblano peppers. Cook all veggies together over a stove top until nice and soft.
- In a blender, blend all the veggies adding 1/4 cup of the bean cooking liquid to make is nice and smooth.
- Add raw spinach to the blender at the end to make it bright green.
- When ready to serve your guests, add the green sauce to the beans, season to taste, and garnish with a little bit of olive oil. To make it more hearty, add chopped kale for a touch of more green!